Memento




Memento
Materials: Wood, Gold Chain, Beeswax Wood Preserver

Process Pictures


Artist Statement

This piece is based off a something I had never considered to be a "souvenir", my gold bracelet. This bracelet is something I have worn constantly for over 12 years, never taking it off. I live with this bracelet, and not to wear it would feel unnatural for me. This bracelet was given to me by my mother, something she wore as a child. Previously, it has been engraved with her name. When I was a child, she decided to pass it down to me, having her name erased and mine engraved on top. This is a piece of jewelry I have cherished for years, and is now a piece of my mother that I always carry with me.
This is why I chose to make a wooden sphere shape, something that I can caress in my hands while keeping the concept of warmth all throughout.


Inspiration

Anthony Roussel, Designer

Comments

Popular Posts